Benefits of Pilates
- Increases strength and muscle tone
- compliments all sports training
- conditions efficient patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury
- builds stamina
- restores posture alignment
- tones and builds long, lean muscles without bulk
- heightens neuromuscular coordination
- boosts efficiency of respiratory, lymphatic and circulatory systems
- improves posture
- increases flexibility and range of motion
- lowers levels of stress and overall tension
- trims and flattens stomach and waist
- relieves back pain and joint stress
- enhances joint mobility
- engages mindfulness
Joseph Pilates did not intend his system to be “stand alone,” but rather be a foundation for other activities. It was not a system that was meant to make you dependent upon a trainer or a piece of equipment. It was meant for you to use to strengthen your body so you’d be better able to perform your daily activities and sports. And it became a foundation for anything else you were doing. We think that’s important because many tend to think that if you learn Pilates, then that’s all you do. Many practicers do find that after learning Pilates, it provides them with everything they need so they don’t choose to do anything else – and that’s fine too. However, Joseph Pilates was a very active man and wanted all people to be active and efficient in their activities. That was the foundation of Pilates.
Pilates Policies & Late Charges
- We MUST have at least 2 clients registered 10 hours prior to an AM Reformer group class and 2 hours prior to a PM group class for the class to make.
- Reformer group AM classes MUST be cancelled 10 hours prior or a class will be deducted from your package. Reformer group PM classes MUST be cancelled 6 hours prior or a class will be deducted from your package. For Unlimited clients a $10 fee will be charged to the credit card on file at the end of the business day if not cancelled in time.
- To be fair to all clients no exceptions will be made even in the case of illness or conflict. Should you need to cancel with less than the 10/6 hour notice, your session will be charged or deducted from your package.
- Any missed Saturday classes will result in a class being deducted from your package or contract as well as a $10 fee that will be charged to the credit card on file.
- A NO SHOW will be charged a $10 fee that will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Private sessions must be cancelled 12 hours prior of the client is responsible for payment of the session in full.
- Classes must be paid for before services are rendered
- Toe Sox or Pilates socks are required.
**Please do not contact instructors. Contact Lauren or Georgia via cell phone between the hours of 8AM & 9PM or email at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Reformer Pilates?
Reformer Pilates is a method of exercise that focuses on stretching and strengthening core muscles (stomach and back) and the muscles that attach to the core (shoulders and hips). These exercises are performed on a machine called the Reformer.
How is this different from training with weights?
The Pilates Reformer uses “spring resistance” which is called “progressive resistance.” Rather than the resistance remaining constant, as it would when lifting weights, the resistance increases as the springs are moved and vice versa.
Will Reformer Pilates bulk up my muscles?
No. The Reformer method creates long, lean muscles by working the muscles to the fullest extension and lengthening the spine.
Do I have to wait a day or more before I exercise again?
No. Unlike weight training, the Pilates Reformer does not tear down muscle tissue. It elongates muscle and the spine and focuses on core control.
Is Pilates Reformer for men?
Yes. Reformer Pilates is especially helpful to men, because males have a tendency to be weak in their core and are less flexible.
Do I have to be a certain age or fitness level to do Pilates?
No. The Pilates Reformer is for any age or fitness level.